iCloud is a cloud storage and cloud computing service offered by Apple Inc. It allows users to store data such as documents, photos, and music on remote servers. However, the free storage that comes with iCloud is limited. In this article, we will guide you on how to increase iCloud storage.
Upgrade Your iCloud Storage Plan
The easiest and most straightforward way to increase iCloud storage is by upgrading your iCloud storage plan. Apple offers various storage plans that you can choose from, depending on your needs and budget. To upgrade your iCloud storage plan, simply follow these steps:
- Go to Settings on your iOS device or System Preferences on your Mac.
- Select iCloud, then click on Manage Storage.
- Click Change Storage Plan.
- Select the plan that you want to upgrade to.
- Enter your Apple ID password and click Buy.
By upgrading your iCloud storage plan, you can increase the amount of storage available for your data.
Optimize Your iCloud Storage
If you don’t want to spend money on upgrading your iCloud storage plan, there are ways to optimize your existing storage. Here are some tips:
- Delete unnecessary files and data. Go through your iCloud storage and delete any files or data that you no longer need. This can free up a significant amount of space.
- Disable iCloud backup for certain apps. Some apps may not need to be backed up to iCloud. You can disable backup for these apps by going to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, then selecting the app and turning off the backup.
- Use iCloud Photo Library. iCloud Photo Library allows you to store your photos and videos in iCloud, freeing up space on your device. You can turn on iCloud Photo Library by going to Settings > Photos & Camera, then selecting iCloud Photo Library.
- Use iCloud Drive. iCloud Drive allows you to store and access your files from any device. You can turn on iCloud Drive by going to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive.
Q: How much does iCloud storage cost?
A: iCloud storage plans start at 50GB for $0.99 per month, 200GB for $2.99 per month, and 2TB for $9.99 per month.
Q: Can I share my iCloud storage with family members?
A: Yes, you can share your iCloud storage with up to 5 family members using Family Sharing. To set up Family Sharing, go to Settings > iCloud > Set Up Family Sharing.
Q: What happens if I don’t upgrade my iCloud storage plan?
A: If you don’t upgrade your iCloud storage plan and you run out of storage, you won’t be able to store new data in iCloud or receive new emails until you free up space or upgrade your plan.
Q: How do I check my iCloud storage usage?
A: You can check your iCloud storage usage by going to Settings > iCloud > Storage.
Increasing iCloud storage is essential for those who want to store more data and access it across multiple devices. You can either upgrade your iCloud storage plan or optimize your existing storage. By following the tips and advice outlined in this article, you can easily increase your iCloud storage and enjoy the benefits of cloud storage.