Auto rotate is a feature that allows your phone or tablet screen to rotate automatically when you turn it sideways. It can be frustrating when this feature is not working or turned off, especially when you are trying to view media or read something on your device. In this article, we will guide you on how to turn on auto rotate in different devices and operating systems.
How to Turn on Auto Rotate on Android Devices
If you have an Android device and your auto rotate feature is not working, here is how to turn it on:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notification panel.
- Look for the “Auto rotate” icon and tap on it to turn it on. If you don’t see the icon, swipe left or right to find it.
- If you have an older Android version, go to “Settings” > “Display” > “Auto-rotate screen” and toggle it on.
How to Turn on Auto Rotate on iOS Devices
If you are an iPhone or iPad user and want to turn on auto rotate, follow these steps:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center.
- Look for the “Portrait Orientation Lock” icon and tap on it to turn it off.
Note: If you have an older iOS version, go to “Settings” > “General” > “Accessibility” > “AssistiveTouch” and toggle on “Portrait Orientation Lock” to turn it off.
FAQs Related to How to Turn on Auto Rotate
1. Why is my auto rotate not working?
There could be multiple reasons why your auto rotate feature is not working. It could be due to a software glitch or a hardware issue. Try restarting your device, checking for updates, or visiting a service center if the problem persists.
2. Can I turn on auto rotate for specific apps only?
Yes, some Android devices allow you to turn on auto rotate for specific apps only. Go to “Settings” > “Display” > “Auto-rotate screen” and toggle on “Auto-rotate for apps” option. You can then select the apps you want to turn on auto rotate for.
3. How do I know if my device has auto rotate feature?
You can check if your device has an auto rotate feature by swiping down from the top of the screen and looking for the “Auto rotate” icon. If you don’t see it, go to “Settings” and search for “Auto-rotate screen” under “Display” or “Accessibility” settings.
Auto rotate is a convenient feature that allows you to view content on your phone or tablet in any orientation. If your auto rotate feature is not working, the steps mentioned above can help you turn it on. If the problem persists, contact a service center or seek technical support for your device.