If you’re a PC gamer who prefers using a PlayStation 4 controller, you’ll be happy to know that it’s easy to connect it to your Steam account. In this article, we’ll show you how to connect a PS4 controller to Steam.
Step 1: Connect Your PS4 Controller to Your PC
The first thing you need to do is connect your PS4 controller to your PC. You can do this using a USB cable or via Bluetooth. If you’re using a USB cable, simply plug it into your PC and your controller. If you’re using Bluetooth, make sure your PC has Bluetooth capabilities and follow these steps:
- Turn on your PS4 controller by pressing the PlayStation button in the middle.
- Press and hold the Share button and the PS button until the light bar on the controller starts flashing.
- On your PC, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices and click on “Add Bluetooth or other device.”
- Select “Bluetooth” and wait for your PC to find your controller.
- Click on “Wireless Controller” and wait for it to connect.
Step 2: Open Steam and Configure Your Controller
Once your controller is connected to your PC, open Steam and click on “Steam” in the top left corner. Then, click on “Settings” and select “Controller.” Click on “General Controller Settings” and make sure that “PlayStation Configuration Support” is checked. You can also customize your controller settings by clicking on “Controller Configuration.”
Step 3: Launch Your Game and Start Playing
After configuring your controller settings, launch your game and start playing. Your PS4 controller should work seamlessly with your game, just like any other controller.
1. Can I use a PS4 controller with non-Steam games?
Yes, you can use a PS4 controller with non-Steam games. However, you may need to configure your controller settings manually.
2. Why isn’t my PS4 controller working with Steam?
If your PS4 controller isn’t working with Steam, make sure that “PlayStation Configuration Support” is checked in your controller settings. You may also need to update your controller’s firmware or drivers.
3. Can I connect multiple PS4 controllers to Steam?
Yes, you can connect multiple PS4 controllers to Steam. Simply follow the same steps for each controller.
4. Do I need a special adapter to connect my PS4 controller to my PC?
No, you don’t need a special adapter to connect your PS4 controller to your PC. You can connect it using a USB cable or via Bluetooth.
5. Can I use a PS4 controller with Steam on a Mac?
Yes, you can use a PS4 controller with Steam on a Mac. Simply follow the same steps as you would on a PC.
Connecting a PS4 controller to Steam is a simple process that can enhance your gaming experience. By following these steps, you’ll be able to use your PS4 controller with your favorite PC games in no time.