YouTube is one of the most popular video sharing platforms out there. It allows users to upload and share their videos with the world. However, to make sure that your videos are easily discoverable, you need to add tags to them. In this article, we will discuss how to add tags to YouTube video.
What are Tags?
Tags are keywords or phrases that describe the content of your video. They help YouTube’s algorithm understand what your video is about and suggest it to viewers who are interested in that topic. By adding relevant tags, you can increase the visibility of your videos and attract more viewers.
How to Add Tags to YouTube Video?
Adding tags to your YouTube video is a simple process. Here are the steps:
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Click on the “Upload” button located at the top of the page.
- Select the video you want to upload.
- On the “Details” page, you will see an option to add tags. Click on it.
- Type in the relevant tags that describe your video. Separate each tag with a comma.
- Click on the “Publish” button to publish your video with tags.
Best Practices for Adding Tags to YouTube Video
While adding tags is important, it is equally important to use them wisely. Here are some best practices for adding tags to your YouTube video:
- Use relevant tags that accurately describe your video.
- Use long-tail keywords in your tags to attract specific viewers.
- Don’t use irrelevant tags just to attract views.
- Limit the number of tags to 10-12 per video.
FAQs Related to How to Add Tags to YouTube Video
1. What is the maximum number of tags I can add to a YouTube video?
You can add up to 500 characters or 15 tags to each video.
2. Can I add tags to an already uploaded YouTube video?
Yes, you can edit the tags of your already uploaded YouTube video by going to the “Video Manager” section of your YouTube account.
3. How do I know if my tags are relevant?
You can use YouTube’s search bar to see if your tags are relevant. Type in your tags and see if your video appears in the search results.
Adding tags to your YouTube video is an essential step in making sure that your videos are easily discoverable. By following the best practices mentioned in this article, you can increase the visibility of your videos and attract more viewers. Remember to use relevant tags and limit their number to improve the chances of your video being suggested to interested viewers.